SPRING HAS SPRUNG
You have made it to the third MLS Sounders season! Gorilla FC is excited and amped as ever! March is packed full of action and events. Come party with us and celebrate spring, football season and friends. We also have a fundraiser to support in March as well as the first Cascadia Cup! If you have not already seen it, the 2011 schedule is posted on our website at http://www.gorillafc.com/game-schedule/ Civ cannot wait till the action begins!
Get your Portland GFC Bus Tickets here! We also have ticket only. These are for Gorilla FC Members only! http://www.gorillafc.com/products-page/
GORILLA FC 2011 KIT AND A NEW SWEATSHIRT DESIGN
If you have not taken the time to purchase your Gorilla FC 2011 kit, you can purchase one at any time either in person or from the Gorilla FC e-store. Kits are $30 (unless you need it shipped or a size 2XL or larger) and include a 2011 scarf, t-shirt and membership card. Additionally, Keith at Method Designs has created a brand new design for the 2011 sweatshirt. The new sweatshirts can also be found at the Gorilla FC e-store and will be $35 (unless you need it shipped or a size 2XL or larger).
GORILLA FC FUNDRAISING FOR ST. BALDRICK’S AT FADO
Gorilla FC’s next fundraising event is the St. Baldrick’s event at Fado. This is a Fado sponsored fundraiser to raise money for children’s cancer research on March 10th. There are many ways to get involved.
- Join the Gorilla FC Baldrick’s team, in which you will shave your head for the cause. If you want to get signed up, go to: http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/teamid/68896 and join us. Then you need to get sponsors to donate for your goal.
- Donate money at the event on March 10th at Fado via the raffle which will have great Sounders items and other items.
- Sponsor a shavee by donating at: http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/teamid/68896
- Go to the Fado event page for more info: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=135257816535504&index=1
SOUNDERS KICK OFF THE 2011 SEASON WITH THE CASCADIA CUP
Cascadia Cup is the first event for the Sounders during the 2011 season. It will be held at the Starfire Sports Complex March 4th-6th. Gorilla FC will be going to the Whitehorse (“ahem” – for good parking and cheap drinks) before the games. On Friday, it will be the Sounders versus the Timbers with a meet-up time of 4 pm at the Whitehorse. Saturday at 1 pm is a Supporter’s Summit of all the Northwest Supporters groups discussing some great topics in our NW rivalry. Sunday, it will be the Sounders versus the Whitecaps with a pre-party at 1 pm at the Whitehorse.
GOT ANY PLANS FOR ST. PATRICK’S DAY???
Fado will be giving free entry (usually a $20+ fee just to get in) to Gorilla FC members with their membership cards. Go party hard to bring in the Irish holiday. GO GREEN BEER…..OR WATER!
MEMBERSHIP CARDS ARE PRINTED
Gorilla FC’s 2011 membership cards have been printed! We have printed up some credit card-like membership cards for our members this year. Each one will have your name printed on them and you should must present your card prior to ordering at any of our partner establishments. You can pick yours up from a captain at any game, Sounder’s or Gorilla FC event. If you paid to have your kit shipped to your residence, your card will be shipped out to you unless you notify us to do otherwise.
UPDATE ON PARTNER BAR SPECIALS – ELYSIAN
Elysian Brewery is giving Gorilla FC members some great special this year AT ANY TIME! That’s right! Not only will you get specials during the Sounders game, but at any time so long as you present your membership card prior to ordering. Bring and show your GFC membership card to get $1 off Elysian pints any time! They are also having Taco Tuesday from 4-6 pm and normal Happy Hour, Monday through Friday from 4-6 pm and 9-11 pm. Brunch is also available at Tangle Town Saturday and Sunday. To find out more information, check out their website at http://elysianbrewing.com/
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES FOR GORILLA FC
- March 4th – 6th: Cascadia Supporters Summit @ Starfire Complex
- March 4:
- Summit opening @ 7 pm
- Seattle Sounders FC vs Timbers @ 7:30 pm
- March 5:
- Supporters Summit & Coaches Forum from 12-1 pm
- Timbers vs Whitecaps @ 5 pm
- March 6:
- Sounders FC Academy U18 vs Whitecap FC Residency
- Seattle Sounders FC vs Whitecaps @ 3 pm
- March 4:
- March 7: 2nd Annual Kick-Off Luncheon @ Qwest Field
- March 9: Charity Shield Match – Seattle Sounders FC vs Colorado Rapids @ 7 pm
- March 15: First Kick!!!! Sounders vs Galaxy – Pre-party with us – Fado @4 pm
- March 19: Sounders vs Red Bulls – Away Game – Auto Battery @ 430 pm
- March 25: Sounders vs Dynamo – Pre-party with us – Fado @ 4 pm
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CASCADIA CUP!!!
Hello Gorilla FC Party Peeps!
Is everyone getting ready for the season to begin?! The Front Offices from each club has asked for all supporter group leaders to pass along some information regarding this weekend’s matches. Please read the notes below. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message on Facebook.
- Sounders, Timbers, Whitecaps clubs and Starfire have worked very hard to coordinate the security for each game.
- Each team’s supporter groups will have their own entrance, bathroom and beer garden.
- All areas will be gated off with security around them so there should be NO reason to cross into those areas. If you do cross into those areas this could mean ejection from the game and future consequences with the club.
- Security and police will be on-site with a few police officers directing traffic off-site. They understand all supporter groups will be walking back to their cars off-site.
- If there is an incident each club will be informed and you may be denied entrance to First Kick or Sounders FC games. This is NOT tolerated and you will not be welcomed at future Gorilla FC events. As a Gorilla FC member you are an ambassador to our organization.
- Please do not bring smoke bombs, flares etc. as this is illegal in the City of Tuwkila and is warrant for arrest.
- Please travel in groups if you can. If there is an incident please do not intervene. Find a police officer, Starfire security guard, or Sounders FC staff member.
- If it there is an incident with a Gorilla FC member or members please find a Gorilla FC Captain: Kevin Zelko, Katie Pendleton, Kjell Hansen, or Jason Young.
PORTLAND TIMBERS GAME:
- For the Portland game, the Timbers Army have around 350 ticket holders coming separately, and 2 buses of about 150 arriving at or around 5:30-6 pm.
- Security will be ushering the 150 Timbers Army bus members to their gate, and ushering the 350 separate fans as best they can. They will have plenty of signage directing each group to their areas.
- After the game Seattle supporters should exit the stadium. TA fans will be held in their area for about 20 minutes until most of the SSFC supporters have cleared.
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS GAME:
- For the Vancouver game, the Southsiders will have a bus (possibly two) coming on Sunday. Arrival time and number of buses is TBD.
- Security will be ushering the Southsiders to their gate, and other fans coming separately as best they can.
- After the game Seattle supporters should exit the stadium. Southsider fans will be held in their area for 20 minutes until most of the SSFC supporters have cleared.
Parking is limited so please carpool if you can, $10 at Starfire and $5 off-site. Looking forward to seeing my Sounders family this weekend and pre partying at Whitehorse! SCARVES UP SEATTLE!
GFC Development Director